Making music together connects with us at a profound level. It has the ability to tap into deeply held feelings and hopes, and to share from the darkest despair to the most uplifting optimism.
Sadly during the pandemic we have had to stop running workshops. Singing itself is a high risk activity as we liberally spray the air with tiny aerosols when we sing so will have to be especially careful when we return.
Instead, determined that we must all stay in contact and support each other as much as possible through this tough time, we are running the following:
- Telephone support – singers from groups are letting us know if they would value a call and also if they are happy to call others. Just get in touch on 07757809297 to get involved.
- Singing sessions via You Tube. We have filmed a monthly sing for you all. If you need a lift, do drop in and sing alongside us. click here to see the channel.
- Singing sessions recorded on CD and posted to you. Contact us with your address if you would enjoy these.
- Garden and outdoor sings of six. In September we reached 60 singers in 18 garden sings. Wonderful seeing and singing with everyone face to face. Such a reminder of what we are all missing! We are also singing with people living in very sheltered accommodation, as some of our singers live there. This is in groups of six outside these homes when we can. Once the weather warms we’ll be back to offering both of these so stay in touch.
- Zoom contact. We hope to offer everyone half termly zooms at least. We can help you learn how to do this if you’re not a pro already so do make contact. email@example.com
- Regular email contact – just send us your email address if you’re not on a list already.
Online Choirs to Try
There are many other singing leaders offering regular zoom choirs you can join. It’s a matter of finding someone you relate to and whose style of teaching you enjoy. We recommend Natural Voice Choirs
Improve Your Confidence with your Voice
Or maybe you’d like a daily warm up to strengthen and develop your voice during the pandemic
And if things are especially difficult for you at this toughest of times, these other organisations might be helpful:
NHS advice and free pilates / yoga /exercise classes Take their quiz and be directed!
NHS First response
Start Something New
Or if you feel you need a rewarding challenge ( should you feel able to muster up the motivation!) now you have much more time on your hands. Here are some ideas which are free:
- Learning or returning to another language: try Duolingo
- Exploring your creativity: See Inside Out Community
- Try learning the instrument you’ve always wanted to play! There are lots of free on-line courses via You Tube. For instance, for guitar players
- Health and Well-being Events at Suffolk Libraries Online- there are lots of free online events for you to try here
- Enjoy some theatre – live screenings with the National Theatre
- Support the local film theatre – live screenings
Or try Joe Wicks senior workouts or chair exercises via You Tube!
Or let us know what’s helped YOU and we’ll add it to the list